Friday, December 6, 2013

The Day of The Doctor... Catching Fire... When He's Training a Dragon... 2.

I am writing this extremely late considering that the events mentioned in this post took place early last week, but I just never got around to it before.

If you didn’t already know, though I don’t know how you don’t, November 23rd was the DAY OF THE DOCTOR. So exciting, right? To certain people it was. Me, Sienna, multiple Yogscast members, every other Whovian, etc. For those of you who are confused, it was the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, one of the longest running and most successful science fiction TV shows of all time.

A poster for The Day of The Doctor. Courtesy of radiotimes.com.

November 23rd was also 1D Day, and I am mad at One Direction for the simple fact that they made 1D Day on the same day as the Doctor. Not cool… Of course, there is also the fact that they could have waited a week and had 1D Day on the 1st of December, 1 Dec., 1D? They missed out on a great opportunity.

Anyways, back to the Whoniverse, the 50th anniversary was not as great as it probably could be, but it was still awesome. That’s how amazing Doctor Who is. I’m not going to say anything about the episode, because:

1. If you are a Whovian, you’ve probably watched it.
2. If you are a Whovian and you haven’t watched it, I don’t want to spoil it.
3. If you aren’t a Whovian, you don’t need or deserve to know about it. :P

If you didn’t see the title, I also saw Catching Fire. I thought that it was a very nice movie, better than the first one. I really liked their outfits on the carts, with the lava-looking suits. Katniss’ dress was also amazing. For someone who is a massive fan of myth and fantasy, a dress that lights on fire when the wearer spins and then sprouts wings? GODLIKE!

A simple poster for Catching Fire. Courtesy of pcmreviews.com.
I never read the books, so I didn’t know what to expect from the movie, though I did have this feeling that the shell of the arena was going to turn into giant butterflies and then the tributes fly away on some of the massive insects… That’s not what happened, but still, that would be amazing.

Anyways, I thought that both of those film thingies were great, but I don’t think they can beat… wait for it… HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2!

A little poster for HTTYD2. Courtesy of teaser-trailer.com.
I absolutely loved How to Train Your Dragon, as well as Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk (#gettingtechnical). And the fact that there will now be a second one is amazing. I absolutely can’t wait to see this new film that is coming out in 2014.


Anyways, if you have any opinions about the movies I have watched, and videos I should or shouldn’t watch, tell me in the comments. See you later!

1 comment:

  1. Catching Fire was a NICE movie? That's it?!? Also, I'm ashamed that you've never read those books. Don't ever tell that to Julia...she'll probably kill you :)

    But I guess I can't complain, given that I have no idea as to what Dr. Who is and haven't watched a single episode... haters commence.

    ReplyDelete