Friday, September 27, 2013

Randomness v2 - Billy Blanco's

So, I started this post, and posted it, as one big post with Randomness v1, but it was very long, so this is the second part. This is a review I decided to do while the taste was fresh in my mind. It’s about a fairly new restaurant (A few months old is still new to a fourteen year-old like me) some people may not have been to. It’s at the bottom of the Pinebrook neighborhood, and it is called Billy Blanco’s. If anyone has heard of New York Pizza Delicatessen, cleverly NYPD for short, yeah that went out of business, and now it’s Billy Blanco’s.

Photo Courtesy of this site.


Personally, I think it is a huge improvement. NYPD was really, really small, and in my opinion it didn’t even have the best of food. Billy Blanco’s completely expanded on the building, and it is HUGE compared to the former. Also, it has the theme of an automobile workshop, with cars jacked off the ground and bikes on the dividing walls. They even welded tools to the fence outside. Awesome.

Now for the food. I really like it. If you don’t know me (That seems to be a popular quote in this blog) you probably don’t know my love of enchiladas. They are the food of the gods! Bajio’s and Cafe Rio’s more than anything else (RIP PC Bajio), but I love Billy Blanco’s enchiladas. They have a great flavor, and they are slightly spicy, giving it that extra… well… spice. Also, the gems are quite delish. Gems are tater-tots, but I like gems because it reminds me of Bud’s Jolly Kone, a nice little restaurant in Red Bluff, CA, with the absolute best gems ever! It makes me feel really unhealthy, but sometimes we just get 6 or 7 orders of them for my family (including cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles, don’t worry). 

The first time that I ever went to Billy Blanco’s was a few weeks after I got back from Switzerland over the summer, and I was really craving a burger. Because of that, I got the Roadhouse Burger, and believe me, it’s messy, but it’s good. If you don’t like enchiladas, I’d go for that.

In the end, I would rate Billy Blanco’s at a high 8 or 9. When I was there the service wasn’t bad, and as stated before, the food was great. I really recommend trying Billy Blanco’s if you want something new.

If you’ve been to Billy Blanco’s, plan on it, or you go there after reading this, come back and tell me what you thought about it in the comments below. See you next time! (I’m just going to ignore that from now on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment